Master Key Systems are designed to improve the security of a building or facility without spending too much money.
The system can be cost-effective, but many people don’t know how to use them correctly.
This article will give you everything that you need to know about Master Key Systems. We will cover benefits, different types of systems, and more below.
What are the benefits of a Master Key System?
Master Key Systems have several benefits that many people overlook.
- One major advantage is their cost-effectiveness. The system can be less expensive than putting in another lock at each door when catered to multiple tenants or owners.
- Another benefit, and usually one of the main reasons for a Master Key System, is its ease of use. Although the lack of a key can lead to a higher likelihood that a single person will have access to all parts of the building, it is much easier for people with different keys to come and go from areas as needed.
- A Master Key system can also be beneficial from an administrative standpoint by allowing owners or tenants to have their own key without allowing them access to other areas as well.
What are the different types of Master Key Systems?
There are a number of different systems that can be used for a Master Key System.
- One way is through the use of rotating cylinders, which allow for multiple keys that open one lock. While this system is simple, it can lead to a lack of accountability and be difficult to keep track of who has keys at certain times.
- Another system that is used is called the “grid” system. This system works by using a series of cylinders in one lock and then passkeys that link them together. These systems give each person their own key while still allowing for multiple tenants to have access to the same areas.
What are the benefits of using a “grid” Master Key System?
There are several advantages that can be achieved through the use of a Grid Master Key system over other types.
- One major benefit is their simplicity. The system uses one key for each area, but it also allows for special key users that can be used to gain access to certain rooms or floors.
- Another advantage is the ability of the system to work with most major door brands.
- This grid system is also useful because it creates a level of accountability between tenants and owners. Everyone is able to have their own key, but this system allows for managers or others to have access to certain areas as well.
Master Key Installation FAQs
How much does a master key system cost?
Master key system installation costs can vary depending on what type of system you choose and the size of your property.
What are some things I should consider before installing a master key system?
When deciding to install a master key system, there are a few factors you will want to take into account:
- the size of your property,
- the number of locks and keys, and
- the type of system you choose.
Which instances is it ideal to have a master key?
There are a few instances in which it is ideal to have a master key: for businesses with multiple locations, for properties with multiple tenants, or for properties that need more security.
Do I need a locksmith to install a Master Key System?
Master Key Systems can be installed by anyone, but they do require the help of a professional locksmith to make sure that everything is done correctly and all of the employees are trained on how to use them correctly.
Once you have decided what kind of system you want to use, you can purchase all of your parts and install them yourself. However, if you are not comfortable with doing this it is recommended that you hire a professional locksmith to handle the installation for you.
Locksmiths also provide regular maintenance on these systems which ensures smooth-running operation for many years. This type of system will require regular adjustments and inspection to ensure that they work properly.
How do I select the right locksmith for my Master Key System?
Choosing a locksmith for your Master Key System is very important because you want someone with experience, knowledge of different parts and cylinders, and someone who will be there if something goes wrong.
It is recommended that you use a local locksmith that you can easily contact. This way, if there is ever an issue with any of the keys or cylinders you can just stop by and have them unlocked immediately.
Another thing to consider when choosing your locksmith is whether you need someone who specializes in this type of work or if they are capable of working on other types of systems as well. If you are interested in using different types of locks for your home, it is important to make sure they can install them properly.
How often do I need to lubricate my Master Key System?
Depending on the type of system you use, lubrication may or may not be necessary. For example, if you use a pin and tumbler system for this type of application, you will need to lubricate the cylinders at least once per year.
This is because they use friction between different parts that can cause them to seize up if they are not properly lubricated.
The same goes for most other types of systems as well. The only way to know if you need to lubricate your system is by consulting with the locksmith who installed it for you. He will know better than anyone else what components are in your particular Master Key System and how often they need lubricated.
Spray lubricants are an ideal option because there is no mess or residue that you need to worry about cleaning up.
What is the best type of lubrication for my Master Key System?
There are mainly two types of lubricants that you can use, either grease or oil. Grease will last longer but it is messier and harder to clean up while oil does not last as long but is easier to clean up. For this reason, many locksmiths prefer the use of oil over grease.
Both types of lubrication work great, but it all comes down to your personal preference as well as how often you plan on using your Master Key System. If you do not plan on using it very often then oil will be fine but if you are planning on using it regularly then grease would be a better option.
Are you interested in learning more about master key systems?
Master key systems are a great way to ensure that all of your locks are secure. They allow for multiple keys to be used on the same lock, so if one person loses their key or needs access to another room, they can easily get it without having to change out the entire system. This is especially useful for businesses with many employees who need access at different times throughout the day. You’ll never have an issue with lost keys again!
If you want a new lock system installed in your home or business, we offer free consultations and estimates from our team of highly-trained professionals.
We know how important security is when it comes to protecting your family and property, so we will always provide you with quality service and products that keep everyone safe.